Here’s another quick little hors d’oeuvre for tomorrow’s Mad Men dinner, another recipe I adapted from The Unofficial Mad Men Cookbook. To freshen up this period recipe, I used crystalized ginger rather than preserved and unsweetened coconut in place of sweetened flaked. Then I gave it a little color with sliced scallions greens and chopped cilantro .
Enjoy tomorrow night’s dinner… and the drama!
- 3 tablespoons prepared mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons each: chopped crystalized ginger, shredded unsweetened coconut, chopped fresh cilantro, and sliced scallions
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 bar (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 40 melba toast rounds
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
- Mix chutney, ginger, coconut, cilantro, scallions, curry, and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Spread on melba toast, garnish with almonds, and serve.