The first time I had Oreo Truffles was when my cousin, Kari, brought them to one of our family reunions. They were gone in 30 seconds flat, everyone loved them. They are delicious, easy to make and I thought they lent themselves to becoming a cute Halloween treat.
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb semi-sweet chocolate (I used Baker's)
- Halloween (or other festive, seasonal) sprinkles
- Process Oreos to crumbs in a food processor. Transfer to a medium bowl and mix in softened cream cheese (hands work best!). Roll into 24 balls, placing them on a wax paper-lined rimmed baking sheet. Freeze until solid, at least one hour or up to several days ahead.
- Meanwhile melt chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water (or microwave if you like). Working a few at a time, dip balls in the chocolate, rolling around to coat all sides; remove with a slotted spoon and return them to baking sheet. Sprinkle with decorations and refrigerate until set. Enjoy!