Alice's Tomato Pesto Olive Tart
by: Three Many Cooks
Serves: 6 t o 8 as an appetizer
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- ¼ cup Basil Pesto
- 3 ripe Roma tomatoes, sliced ¼ inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup chopped
- Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold and roll the puff pastry sheet into a 12-inch square on top of the baking sheet. Make a rim by folding the edges of the pastry square in ½ inch and pressing them down gently. Using a fork, poke holes all over the pastry.
- Spread the pesto evenly over the pastry (avoiding the rim), using a pastry brush or the back of a spoon. Arrange the tomato slices in a single layer over the entire square, within the rim. Season the tomatoes lightly with salt and pepper, and sprinkle the chopped olives over them.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown. Sprinkle with the basil before serving.
- Just for fun: Add thinly sliced mozzarella cheese on top of the olives for more of a pizza taste.
And THIS is Alice’s photo from the book!
Share Your Comments & Feedback: