by: Three Many Cooks
Serves: Makes about 1 cup
- 2 large garlic cloves
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup coarsely grated Parmesan
- Generous pinch salt and a couple of grinds of ground black pepper
- Heat a small skillet over low heat. Add pine nuts and whole garlic cloves; heat until nuts are golden and garlic is spotty brown, about 4 minutes for the nuts and 5 minutes for the garlic. Transfer to a plate to cool slightly.
- Mince garlic, pine nuts, and basil in a blender or food processor. With machine still running, gradually add oil through feeder tub until mixture is pureed. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in cheese, salt, and pepper.
- This was enough for the two large pizzas and I still had leftovers for the rest of the week. Andy’s been eating it on celery!
Share Your Comments & Feedback: