Mincemeat Pinwheel Tartlets
by: Three Many Cooks
Serves: Makes 1 dozen
- 1 cup store-bought mincemeat
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons brandy
- ¼ teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry from a 17.3 ounce box, thawed
- Flour for rolling dough
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 400. Mix mincemeat, cranberries, brandy, and zest in a small bowl; set aside.
- Sprinkle work surface with flour; unfold pastry and roll along fold lines to a 15- by 10-inch rectangle. Cut pastry into 9- and 6-inch rectangle. Using a 2-inch cutter, form twelve pastry circles, placing them about 2 inches apart.
- Spread mincemeat over remaining sheet of dough, leaving a ½-inch border. Roll into a tight log, moistening the inside pastry border so that once the pastry has been rolled there’s a tight seal. With a serrated knife, cut pastry into twelve ¾-inch thick slices, wiping blade clean after each cut. Set a pinwheel over each dough circle. Bake until crisp and golden brown, about 25 minutes. Serve warm.
Share Your Comments & Feedback: