- 1 bag (14 ounces) sweetened, flake coconut (about 4 lightly packed cups)
- 1 cup (from a 14-ounce can) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Scant ¼ cup roasted whole almonds
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Adjust oven racks to lower-middle and upper positions and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 1 large baking sheets with silpats or vegetable cooking spray-coated parchment. Mix coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Using a 2-tablespoon measuring cup (a standard coffee scoop works well) drop coconut mixture onto baking sheets; press an almond into each mound. Bake until golden brown and cooked through, 12 to 14 minutes, switching positions of sheets and turning them around after 7 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack; cool to room temperature.
- When ready to drizzle, heat chocolate and vegetable oil in the microwave on high power until chocolate just melts, about 1 minute; whisk to combine. Drizzle cookies with chocolate and let cool on silpat or parchment until set, about 30 minutes. (Can be stored in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.)
Sharon, you sound just like me with the craziness before the guests arrive!! It’s not that I’m stressed, just trying to get everything accomplished with no make-up and wet hair!!! But like you said, it all gets done and a good time is had by all!
Ahhh, never read the recipe first! Now I understand.
Type your comment here…
Good catch, Nancy. They’re pressed into the coconut mounds before baking. I’ve fixed the recipe. You wanna be our copy editor?!
Dear Author threemanycooks.com !
You have hit the mark. In it something is also idea good, agree with you.
What are the “sprinkles” that are highly recommended?