Introducing the ultimate grilled cheese. A crispy parmesan-crusted sandwich, filled with a mix of melted cheddar and goat cheese. But because we’re using two naturally low-fat cheeses (parmesan and goat) along with a reduced-fat cheddar, this sandwich has a ton of flavor without the matching calorie count. Enjoy it with a bowl of yesterday’s offering, Mirepoix Soup.
- 4 slices good quality white bread
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces reduced-fat medium-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces crumbled goat, feta, or blue cheese
- Heat a large heavy-bottomed skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Spread butter over one side of the bread slices. Evenly sprinkle all four of the slices with Parmesan cheese, pressing it into the butter to ensure that it sticks.
- Place two of cheese-coated bread slices, Parmesan-side down in the skillet. Lay a cheddar cheese slice onto each of the two bread slices in the pan and evenly sprinkle on your choice of crumbled cheese. Top each with remaining bread slice, Parmesan-side up. Grill until golden brown on bottom side, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip sandwiches and continue to grill until golden brown on remaining side, 3 to 4 minutes longer. Halve each sandwich and serve.