If you have a panini maker, here’s the time to use it!
by: Three Many Cooks
- ⅓ cup prepared pesto
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread (about 1 pound), halved crosswise and lengthwise
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced thin and salted
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
- 8 slices thick-cut fried bacon (optional)
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Spread pesto over all 4 bread slices. Top each piece with a portion of tomatoes and cheese; lay optional bacon over bottom slices. Carefully cap each sandwich; place on warm griddle. Weighting sandwiches with a skillet or baking dish large enough to cover the sandwiches and enough weight to press them down (cans work well), cook until bread is crisp and golden and cheese melts, about 5 minutes per side. Halve and serve.
Love this combo – I can almost taste it!
Now that I’m looking at this sandwich, I’m thinking I should have tagged along after our afternoon drink and followed you home instead. Then again, I wouldn’t have wanted to intrude on your time together, knowing how much you cherish your “sister time.” But if there were something that might make me forego propriety even for a moment, that sandwich might be it. 🙂
Katies Cooking says
Wow this looks so delish! Simple but a flavor combination you can’t go wrong with. Time to dust off my panini maker! I’d probably dip them in a little balsamic mayo, my weakness! ; )
Made it – LOVED IT! Thanks for a great summer dinner.
Evan @swEEts says
Thank you for adding another kitchen goodie to the wish list.. a panini press..in the mean time I’ll be making it like a grilled cheese.. looks delicious!
picked a few tomatoes from the garden and decided this is exactly the right use for them! can’t wait to dig in.
Emily @ ReMarkable Home says
Looks delish! I am starving now!
Thanks so much for this! Really simple but (and I’m almost ashamed to admit this) I rarely put pesto on sandwiches! So this was delicious. My husband (who puts pesto on EVERYTHING) says thanks as well 🙂
Found this on pintrest. Just made this for lunch and used turkey bacon… so good! Thanks for this simple and delicious panini.
Adele Forbes says
Love it, can’t wait to try it….thank you so very much for sharing!
Thanks for the recipe! I can’t wait to make this sandwich!! Sure sounds good!
This will be a guaranteed favorite for my entire family! Looking forward to checking out the rest of your recipes…thank you.
I will try my best to make your “sister’s sandwhich,” I can’t wait!