- 1 pound (16 ounces) pasta shells
- 1 pound (16 ounces) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 container (16 ounces) cottage cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 container (16 ounces) sour cream
- Ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Bring 2 quarts of water and 1 tablespoon of salt to boil in a large soup kettle over high heat. Using package directions as a guide, and stirring frequently at first to keep it from sticking, boil pasta, partially covered, until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, mix cheeses and sour cream in a large bowl. Add hot pasta; toss to coat. Adjust seasonings, including pepper. Turn in to a vegetable spray-coated 13- by 9-inch baking dish.
- Mix bread crumbs, parsley, and butter. Sprinkle evenly over shells and cheese. Bake until casserole is bubbly and crumbs are golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve.
I can’t wait to try this one!
Oooh, dinner tomorrow night!
I added BBQ chicken to the dish, using a rotisserie chicken. Looking forward to the leftovers tonight!