- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ cup dry white wine or dry vermouth
- 1 bag (2 pounds) bearded mussels, rinsed thoroughly in a sinkful of cold water
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat butter, garlic, and curry powder in a large (11- to 12-inch) deep skillet (the wider the skillet the more evenly the shellfish cook) over medium-high heat. When garlic starts to sizzle and turn a little golden, add wine and mussels. Increase heat to high, cover, and steam, shaking pot occasionally to promote even cooking, until mussels open, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Reserving liquid in pan, divide shellfish between 2 to 4 large soup plates. Whisk in coconut milk and cilantro; simmer to blend flavors and reduce slightly. Spoon a portion of sauce over each plate of mussels and serve immediately
Just the recipe I was looking for!