Artichoke Salad with Lemons and Parsley
Adapted from Nigel Slater's Recipe in the Daily Mail. Served on ciabatta, this salad is a light meal, but you can also cut the artichokes into smaller pieces, top the salad on toasted baguette slices or crackers and serve as appetizers.
by: Three Many Cooks
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts or 1 can (14 ounces) whole artichokes, drained and halved
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons juice from 1 lemon
- 12 medium basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 4-inch section of ciabatta rolls, halved
- ½ cup grated or shaved Parmesan cheese
- Toss artichoke hearts with olive oil, lemon juice, basil, parsley, and a light sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Let marinate in a cool place for 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, toast ciabatta, top with salad, sprinkle with cheese, drizzle with remaining artichoke marinade, and serve.
Love this recipe. I can’t wait to try it!
this looks absolutely amazing!!! love your blog, btw. 🙂
sheila @ Elements says
Looks wonderful! I’ve bookmarked the recipe and will definitely give it a try. Thanks! 🙂