by: Three Many Cooks
- 3 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 2 large baking potatoes (about 11/2 pounds) peeled or scrubbed and coarsely grated
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over low heat in a 10-inch skillet. Meanwhile, grate potatoes, squeezing as much liquid from them as possible.
- A minute or two from cooking, increase heat to a strong medium. Add potatoes to pan, pressing on them with a spatula to form a flat cake. Cook until bottom of cake is golden brown and crisp, 7 to 8 minutes. Place a small plate over pan and invert cake onto plate. Add remaining tablespoon of oil to hot pan and slide cake back in. Continue to cook until golden brown on remaining side, 7 to 8 minutes longer. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook until cake bottom is crisp, about 2 minutes longer. Season generously with salt and pepper; cut into wedges and serve.
Darla @ Bakingdom says
I love potatoes!! I’m always seeking out new, different ways to make them, and these look fantastic! Thanks, can’t wait to make them!
Oh my, I think I’ve died and gone to heaven!
Bonnie Deahl says
I have fond memories eating rosti potatoes on my layovers in Zurich back in the 80’s. They are the consummate Swiss comfort food! Thanks for sharing.