Here’s our last KitchenAid “Cook for Mom” brunch recipe, a festive drink inspired by the raspberry ice colored stand mixer we’re giving away.
Bubbly is the perfect celebratory drink for Mother’s Day. Rather than flavor it with the usual orange juice, we decided on fresh raspberries, doused with Chambord (raspberry liqueur) and then frozen into pretty little icy fruit cubes. We puree the rest with a little more liqueur—straining out the seeds—for a classy, but not overly sweet aperitif.
We’ve been touched reading your Mother’s Day plans. Like many of you, Maggy, Sharon, and I won’t be together this Sunday, but we’re celebrating as soon as we can. Looks they’ll be toasting me on May 16th, which is also Maggy’s birthday! Since the meal is for both of us, we each get a say in the menu. Maggy has already requested my fried chicken and potato salad, but I’m ordering Asparagus Salad “Nests,” one of our “Cook for Mom” recipes, a seasonal salad, equal parts gorgeous and delicious.
If Maggy hasn’t already staked a claim on dessert, I’ll suggest Strawberry-Rhubarb Galette with Whipped Cream.
We’ll need a celebratory drink as well, and I can’t think of a better one than Raspberry Ice Bellinis.
Enjoy the holiday, and bless all who care for others like a mother.
- 1 container (6 ounces) fresh raspberries
- 6 tablespoons raspberry liqueur, such as Chambord
- 1 bottle (750 ml) brut sparkling wine
- Mix 18 of the raspberries with 2 tablespoons of the raspberry liqueur and freeze. Puree remaining raspberries with remaining ¼ cup liqueur in a blender. Strain out seeds and freeze puree. (Can be prepared a couple of days in advance.)
- When ready to serve, spoon a portion of puree into each flute. Top with sparkling wine and drop in 3 frozen raspberries and portion of the liqueur. Serve.
Mal @ The Chic Geek says
These look delish!
Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar says
These are so pretty! Love this idea!
Brian @ A Thought For Food says
Oh yes… I will take one of those please!
Great iddea and a great way to celebrate Moms.
This sounds so refreshing for Mother’s Day and all summer long!!!!