Panzanella with Sherry Vinaigrette
Recipe by Matt Armendariz from his book On a Stick!
by: Matt Armendariz
12 cocktail picks
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 24 (1-inch) cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 24 small fresh mozzarella balls (ciliegine)
- 24 basil leaves
- Pinch black pepper
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ shallot, finely chopped
- 1½ teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Toss bread with oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Spread pieces in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake 10 minutes, turning them halfway through cooking time.
- Make the vinaigrette: Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl until fully incorporated. Season with salt as needed.
- Thread two pieces of bread, two tomatoes, 2 mozzarella balls, and 2 basil leaves onto each cocktail pick. Just before serving, drizzle liberally with sherry vinaigrette.
- (note: I only had small picks, so I made 24 with one tomato, ball of mozzarella and basil leaf on each).
I love panzanella and this looks fabulous! I recently got some Himalayan pink salt from Sustainable Sourcing https://secure.sustainablesourcing.com and I’ve been trying it out on everything. I’ll have to try it out in this recipe, too. Thanks for sharing!