Hershey-Kissed Peanut Butter Cookies
by: Three Many Cooks
Serves: Makes 20 large cookies
- 40 Hershey Kisses, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup all-purpose bleached flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 12 tablespoons (1½ sticks) butter, melted until warm but not hot
- 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, chopped coarse
- Prepare Kisses and set aside.
- Mix flour and baking soda in a small bowl; set aside. Mix butter, peanut butter and brown sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Mix eggs and vanilla in a small bowl. Add to peanut butter mixture; beat with a rubber spatula until smooth. Add flour mixture and peanuts; stir until well combined.
- Using a 2-ounce (1/4 cup) spring-action ice cream scoop form dough balls and scoop onto a plastic wrap-rimmed baking sheet. Freeze until solid, about 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake cookies, adjust oven racks lower-middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees. Working 6 or 7 dough balls at a time, arrange them on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Bake until cookies are golden, but not dark brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from oven and, working quickly, press 4 Hershey Kiss halves onto each cookie and let stand on cookie sheet to firm up, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Jenny Flake says
I want a dozen of these bad boys to go!! Looks fabulous!
Tickled Red says
I am a Reese’s junkie so these are completely, entirely and totally right up my alley. If I didn’t have to make 11 dozen cookies this weekend for a wedding I would be making these today. I may cry in my coffee thinking about the 4 day wait to devour one of those amazing cookies.
I love the kisses in these cookies.
Megan (Best of Fates) says
I love how perfectly arranged all the kisses are inside the cookie – now that’s a cookie talent!
Mags, I’m digging the kiss-configuration in these cookies. They look beautiful. If I didn’t have a peanut butter hater in my house (Tell me, how is it we got married?), I would be making this recipe stat. But it’s just far too dangerous to have 20 large cookies of this nature in my house when I’m the only one that would eat them! I think I’ll go cry in my coffee too.
I’ve made these cookies many times and they’re always a big hit!
Lisa W says
These appeal to the Reese’s lover in me…dangerous!
Jen @ How To: Simplify says
These cookies are so cute!
These are so cute!!
Those are some seriously delicious-looking cookies, Maggy. I want one now. No, make that two.
Mary @ Bites and Bliss says
You can never go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter 🙂 thank you for sharing!
Everyone in my household loves Reece’s so these will be a hit. Love the simple kiss design too!
Fuji Mama says
These are beyond cute! I love the design–so unique!