It’s been cloudy and spitting rain all day. Just a few minutes ago the sun came out, and I looked back in my archives and found this Lemon Cooler Shot Glass Dessert that’s never been seen until now.
I’m down in Florida with my parents this Easter and we’ll be getting together with my two dearest cousins and the only aunt I have left on my mother’s side. They put me in charge of dessert. I think I just found it.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest, plus thin strips for garnish
- ½ cup plus 3 tablespoons lemon curd, separated
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1½ cups graham crackers or crushed meringue
- Soften cream cheese in the microwave, about 30 seconds. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar, and lemon zest. In a separate bowl whip cream and 3 tablespoons lemon curd to soft peaks.
- Layer the following in each shot glass: 1 tablespoon graham crackers (or meringue), 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture, 2 teaspoons lemon curd, 1 tablespoon graham crackers, a dollop of whipped cream, and a thin strip of lemon zest. Refrigerate until ready to serve.