10) Enjoying Maggy’s new Keurig coffee machine. Clever. Fun for a week. Now give me back my pot.
9) Drinking champagne, eating pot stickers, finally decorating the tree on Christmas night and feeling just right.
8) In our haste to get to our Pennsylvania house Christmas afternoon, leaving most of our packed refrigerator food in Connecticut…and not getting terribly upset.
7) Making Boxing Day dinner from what I had (see above). No one seemed to notice the missing ingredients… not even me.
6) Having my Mom, who lost her lusty appetite nearly a year ago to chemo, savor my food. Who would have thought an 85-year old Southern woman would have enhaled my Poor Man’s Sushi (recipe below).
5) Shopping at Trader Joe’s with a $50 gift card.
4) Making the lamb stew Maggy was craving her first night home from Malawi.
3) Buying my 16-year old nephew a chef’s jacket. (Once he put it on, he never took it off.)
2) Watching my mom show Maggy and Sharon for the very first time how to make her beloved snowman cookies
1) All three threemanycooks in Pam Anderson’s kitchen for the first time in a year!