Ten Reasons Why I Like this Pizza
- Naan makes a great instant pizza crust–much better than Boboli.
- I don’t have to make sauce–just sprinkle the naan with cheese!
- This pizza includes my vegetable.
- This pizza includes my protein.
- This pizza even includes my salad!
- If I make four of them, there are leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch.
- We don’t need plates–David and I can eat straight off cutting board while watching our latest obsession–Breaking Bad.
- We don’t need utensils either. Finger food!
- This pizza is equally comfortable with either red or white.
- It’s one of the best, simplest suppers in my repertoire.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups butternut squash, cut into small cubes
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4 naan flatbread (or large pocket-less pitas)
- 6 ounces grated fontina cheese (about 1½ cups)
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 cups arugula, tossed with a couple of drops of oil and a pinch of salt
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add squash; saute until tender, seasoning with salt and pepper, until spotty golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle each naan with a portion of cheese and top with squash. Bake until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven; lay a slice of prosciutto over each pizza and top with a portion of greens. Serve!
Great ideas. I’ve too been using naan for pizzas and other things this summer. I’ve used the prosciutto with arugala and gorgonzola but have also made an easy blt with warmed naan, mayo arugala , sliced tomatoes and pieces of bacon scattered on top.
I can’t wait to try this!