- 1 cup bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup warm water, plus extra if necessary
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 500 degrees. Mix flour and salt in a food processor. Mix water and oil and pour over flour mixture. Process until mixture forms soft dough beads that form a soft ball when squeezed. If dough is too stiff (hard clay texture), process in additional water, 1 teaspoon at a time. With floured hands, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and cut into sixths. Working one at a time, roll dough to 6-inch round, coating with flour and turning as necessary to keep it from sticking.
- Transfer to a large parchment- or silpat-lined rimless cookie sheet. (All 6 flatbreads should fit crosswise on the same sheet.) Bake until brown and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature (Can be stored in an airtight container a week or more.) Arrange cheese and fruit as desired and serve.
Pam I love this idea. And a nice way to linger over dessert. It looks so delicious in your photograph, I can’t resist just trying it out right now as a lunch “party” for one!