from The Whole Family Cookbook by Michelle Stern
- Bunch of dinosaur kale
- Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Hold the thick end of the kale stem with one hand and pinch the base of the leaf with the fingers of your other hand. Pull down along the stem, stripping the leaf away. Tear the leaves into bite-size pieces or leave them in long strips for larger chips.
- Brush both sides of each piece with a little bit of olive oil, or toss them with oil directly on your baking tray. With cleans hands, sprinkle the kale with salt and toss again. Wash your oily hands when you are finished.
- Place the pieces of kale in a single later on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until crisp. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn!