Maggy and I have been traveling in California the past ten days. The good news is that we’ve got some great new ideas and recipes to share. The downside is that we’ve gotta get home first to develop and photograph them.
In the meantime, I’m sharing Shrimp Ceviche Dip, a recipe that ran in Perfect One Dish Dinners back in 2010. Now that football season is in full bloom, I decided it was time to share with you. This dip has been one of my favorites, and I think you’ll love it too because it’s guacamole meets shrimp cocktail–a winning combination.
Enjoy the weekend and we’ll see you next week!
- 2 pounds cooked shrimp (preferably Gulf wild), cut into small dice
- 1 medium seedless cucumber, cut into small dice
- 2 avocados, cut into small dice
- 8 medium scallions, sliced thin
- ⅔ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- ½ cup juice from 2 limes
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate. Serve with Taste-Like-Fried Tortillas or tortilla chips for dipping.