- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans (traditional variety)
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus another 2 tablespoons for avocado layer
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 avocados, halved, pitted, flesh spooned out
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa strained to equal 1 cup, juices discard or reserved for another use
- ¾ cup sliced canned black olives
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) grated pepper jack cheese
- ½ cup thin sliced scallion greens from a large bunch
- Taste-Like-Fried Tortillas or a 14- to 16-ounce bag store bought tortilla chips.
- Mix beans, chiles, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. In a separate bowl mash avocados with a fork; stir in remaining lime juice and ½ teaspoon of salt to make guacamole. Mix sour cream and mayonnaise. Spread bean mixture, then guacamole, then sour cream mixture, and finally salsa over the bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate or similar size pan. Sprinkle olives, then cheese. When ready to serve, sprinkle with scallions.
Bev Weidner says
Oooo I might need to go to second base with this dip. MAMA.
I could eat this dip all day every day. An absolute favorite.
Is it bad that I want this for breakfast??
Lori @ RecipeGirl says
Mmmm, always love a good Mexican layer dip. And I’m intrigued about the “tastes like fried tortilla chips!” Must find!
Natalie @ Cooking for My Kids says
This layer-dip looks fantastic. It is now on my football-watching menu for the near future. 🙂
Made this today – omitted the avocado so it was just a 6 layer dip but it was amazing! will now be my ‘go to’ recipe for this type of dip! Thanks for sharing this!
Lori@RecipeGirl: just click on “tastes like fried tortilla chips” and you’ll find the recipe!!!