This Mediterranean Pasta, Chickpea, and Fennel Salad with Creamy Feta-Dill Dressing is one of three recipes (and accompanying videos) that we’ve created for Dreamfields Pasta. The first recipe Creamy Spinach-Artichoke Penne, ran on Three Many Cooks a few months ago, and we’ll feature the final recipe–Creamy Mushroom and Caramelized Onion Lasagna–sometime this fall.
We like Dreamfields. Compared with regular pasta it’s higher fiber–good for digestion–and lower on the glycemic index, which means you don’t get those sugar spikes you do with regular pasta. Dreamfields wants you to give their pasta a try, so they’re offering a case of their pasta to some lucky winner. Just tell us your favorite thing to do with pasta. I’ll go first. One of our favorite pasta dishes is actually the lasagna recipe we developed for fall. Giveaway ends Friday August 2nd at 5:00 PM EST.
- 12 ounces Dreamfields elbow macaroni
- 1 cup each: crumbled feta cheese and Greek yogurt
- ½ cup each: olive oil, red wine vinegar, and chopped fresh dill
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cans (15 to 16 ounces each) chickpeas, drained
- 1 large fennel trimmed, cored, and sliced thin
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, stemmed, cored, and cut into short strips
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced thin
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- Ground black pepper
- Bring 1 gallon of water and 2 tablespoons of salt to boil a large pot. Add pasta and, using back-of-the-box times as a guide, cook, stirring frequently at first to prevent sticking, until noodles are just tender. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, mix feta, yogurt, oil, vinegar, dill, and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Add chickpeas, fennel, pepper, red onion, and olives to the pasta. When ready to serve, add dressing and toss to coat. Adjust seasonings, including salt and pepper to taste.