A few years ago we ran a recipe for Greek Pasta Salad that was so popular, we decided to come up with a new spin on it by swapping bow tie pasta for shrimp and white beans. You can assemble this salad several hours in advance, but it’s best to dress and toss just before serving. While ‘at its peak’ when freshly dressed, everyone will be clambering for leftovers for the next several days (if there are any!).
- 12 ounces cooked shrimp, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cans small white beans, drained
- 1 cup medium diced seedless cucumber, lightly sprinkled with salt
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes, lightly sprinkled with salt
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped coarse
- ¼ medium red onion, sliced thin
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Ground black pepper
- Place shrimp, white beans, cucumber, tomatoes, feta, olives, red onion and oregano in a medium bowl. Add oil; toss to coat. Add vinegar and light sprinkling of pepper; toss to coat. Adjust seasonings and serve.
I have always loved the idea of combining beans with veggies in a salad. It’s the best of two worlds, protein and freshness. Besides, with a website names Bread, Beans, and Budget, it’s part of what I do.
I’ll add this to my growing list of recipes to try!!
Thanks, and have a great weekend.
Looks delicious! I’ll have to try it this week. Perfect for the summer heat.
TiAnn | Bliss From Scratch says
This looks fantastic. I’m a sucker for anything with shrimp in it and this looks like a perfect summer salad. I’ll be making this for our 4th of July BBQ. Can’t wait!
Alice in LA says
I don’t like shrimp, but I need to make this! I’m wondering if it might also be good with salmon… Mmmmm…
Pam Anderson says
Hey Alice, Yes, I think it could be good with salmon, but if you like canned tuna, I think that would work as well. Big hugs and happy 4th!
Jeff @ Cheeseburger says
I like this spin on your greek pasta salad. And it’s definitely ideal to dress just before serving.