- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, melted but not hot
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons juice and 2 teaspoon finely grated zest from 2 limes
- 1 drop (and not a drop more) green food coloring
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 325 degrees. Spray an 8- by 8-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray. Fit an 8-inch by 16-inch piece of heavy-duty foil across pan bottom and up the 2 sides as foil overhangs to pull bars from the pan. Spray foil with vegetable cooking spray.
- Mix flour, salt, and confectioner’s sugar in a medium bowl; stir in butter to form dough. Press dough into pan bottom (the bottom of a measuring cup dipped in flour helps). Bake until pale golden, about 20 minutes.
- While pastry bakes, whisk eggs, sugar, flour, lime juice and zest, and food coloring in a medium bowl.
- Remove pan from oven. Add lime mixture and continue to bake until just set, about 20 minutes longer; let cool in pan for a few minutes and then using foil handles, pull bars from pan and set on a wire rack. Cool until room temperature. Cut into squares and serve.
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday says
I love lemon bars. Why did I not think to make a lime version? Genius.
Lovely! I’ve always just made lemon bars but next time I get the craving will definitely try this instead 🙂
SMITH BITES says
literally mouth-watering! love lemon bars for sure but lime is a fantastic twist!!
OOOh the lime bars sound scrumptious! Even more exciting is the idea that there will be another cookbook to add to my Pam Anderson collection. When does this one come out (so I can preorder from my bookstore)? Thanks
just came out of the oven. so great to see you today!
Kate Curnes says
Can’t wait to try! Thanks for the wonderful recipe!
J Senska says
I made the lemon version and oh my goodness. Amazing!! Cannot wait to try the lime version. 5 Star recipe!!!