- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 ounces cream cheese (12 tablespoons)
- 5 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons toasted pecans, chopped finely, plus 12 roasted halves for garnish
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1½ cup crushed gingersnaps
- Heat pumpkin, spice, and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook mixture, stirring frequently at first and then constantly at the end, until puree just starts to stick to pan bottom, about 5 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, 3 tablespoons of the confectioner’s sugar, and the toasted chopped pecans in a medium bowl. In a separate medium bowl whip cream with brandy and remaining 2 tablespoons of confectioner’s sugar to soft peaks.
- Layer the following in each shot glass, tamping down each layer as you go: 1 tablespoon gingersnaps, 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture, 2 teaspoons pumpkin mixture, 1 tablespoon cookie crumbs, a dollop of whipped cream. Garnish each with a pecan half and serve.
To easily crush gingersnaps, place them in a 1-quart freezer bag. Letting out all the air, seal the bag and then use a rolling pin to crush them.
Share Your Comments & Feedback: