I served the peach, apricot, and mixed berry galettes at a dinner party the other night, and there wasn’t a slice left. When I told my guests how easy they were to make, they all wanted the recipe. Well guys… here it is!
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 whole egg, separated
- 2 cups prepared Fruit (see below in notes*)
- 2 tablespoons sugar, plus a little extra for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 refrigerated pie crust from 14.1-ounce box
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese, confectioner’ sugar, 2 tablespoons of the cornstarch, and the egg yolk in medium bowl. In a separate medium bowl mix fruit, 2 tablespoons of sugar, remaining tablespoon of cornstarch, and vanilla or almond extract.
- Unfurl pie dough on a lightly floured surface and roll to about 13-inches in diameter. Slide onto a cookie sheet or pizza pan and spread evenly with cream cheese mixture, leaving a 2-inch border. Scatter fruit evenly over cream cheese mixture. Fold pastry border over the fruit. Brush dough perimeter with egg white and sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Bake galette until golden brown and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Loosen with a metal spatula and slide onto a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm.
Thinly sliced plums
Peeled and thinly sliced peaches or nectarines
Thinly sliced apricots
cups mixed berries (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries)