One of the best moments of The Martha Stewart Show was meeting Adriana, head of hospitality, who shared her recipe for Puerto Rican Egg Nog which she (and we) adapted from AllRecipes. The original recipe calls for 1/2 cup each: rum and water. Thanks to Adriana, the recipe now reads 1 cup rum!
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) cream of coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup white rum
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water (or a double boiler) heat egg yolks and evaporated milk, whisking constantly, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon (about 160 degrees).
- Transfer egg mixture to a blender, along with cream of coconut, condensed milk, rum, cinnamon, and vanilla. Blend for about 30 seconds. Pour into a covered pitcher and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, stir the punch and pour into glasses.
Any drink that has cream of coconut will be delicious. One of my friends at school was from Puerto Rico and she made a drink called a Painkiller. Sooo good.
Jenn Paul says
this is a big tradition in my family!