Over the years I’ve been on most of the national morning shows, but it wasn’t until last week I got my invite to The Martha Stewart Show. I don’t think I’ve ever been as excited, nor have so many people been excited for me, as my Martha debut. The segments went well. Here’s why.
10. Security!: Before passing through an airport-style metal detector, a lovely man apologetically searches my suitcase and purse.
9. Privacy: No sharing the green room with other guests, we each get our own suite!
8. Focus: There’s no cell or internet service (and therefore no distraction).
7. Hospitality: Upon our arrival Adriana (more on her later) delivers crudite, bottled water, and well-made cappuccinos.
6. Organization: For nearly four hours someone was responsible for making sure I’m on track to perform well.
5. Great Hair and Make-Up: Don’t think anyone’s ever made me look better.
4. Practice, Practice, Practice: Before the show, the segment producer and I really worked through the segment. It helped!
3. Good Taste: Every single prop was incredibly well chosen. And get this. Every single ingredient was discreetly labeled on the inside of the bowl.
2. Friendliness: No exceptions–every single person working on Martha’s show was not just nice. They were very nice.
1. Adriana’s Peurto Rican Punch: I mostly credit my solid performance to Adriana, head of hospitality. In addition to her other acts of kindness (see 7) she made sure I got a lovely little teacup of her spiked egg nog before I went on. There’s nothing like a little pre-game shot to heighten performance!
Looking to catch a viewing? You can find a video of me demoing Grain & Legume Salad (and a recipe!) plus Martha and me making Mushroom-Barley Soup over on Martha’s website here and here respectively.
Sounds awesome! I bet you rocked it Pam!
Pam, you’re such a rockstar! And that picture of you with Martha is adorable.
Bev Weidner says
This is incredible!! Did you touch Martha’s hair? I’ve always been so curious…..
I love Martha! I hope it recorded! I’m a little behind on my viewing schedule.
Love the idea of a “formula” salad! Well done and can’t wait to try it.
sandy oldfield says
i’m so glad to hear how positive your experience was as i’ve heard other stories. how can i view this show???? i missed the original and don’t have live programming. any chance of finding it online? you go, girl!
Pam Anderson says
I left both links for you on the face book page. You can definitely view both segments. Hope to see you soon!
Thank you for sharing your adventure with Martha! You look so nice in that red!
I plan on trying the eggnog recipe.
Have a great weekend.
your tip about soaking the barley overnight…was such an “a ha!” moment for me! thank you thank you!
For some reason, I’ve just discovered you and your work. Better late than never is all I can say! Thanks for the links, for sharing your work in so many places and at this moment, especially for your book on healthy weight loss. It’s the first book I’ve ever read about weight loss that immediately resonated. I think adding some grains and legumes to my refrigerator salad bar will go next on my list!