I was looking through the original Perfect One-Dish Dinner table of contents the other day and realized that for some reason this incredibly appealing chicken salad never made it into the book. I’m thinking now’s time to debut it. Enjoy!
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, microwaved on high power for 15 seconds
- ½ cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 cups shredded meat from a very large or 2 small rotisserie chickens
- 16 dried apricots (a generous ½ cup) cut into small dice
- ½ cup chopped roasted salted almonds
- 4 large scallions, sliced thin
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Whisk cream cheese, jam, and lime juice in a small bowl. Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Serve.